Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Good morning!
I finally have a little time to breathe.

Two of my kids had their birthdays this month and a lot of my time was spent trying to give them a party to remember.
My eldest girl turned 13 and I really wanted to make her birthday special.  She had an 80's disco at home and invited 14 of her closest girlfriends round.  We set up a disco ball, got a couple of pinspots and moved our entire lounge room out under the patio to make a nice cosy corner!  She played a few games, like the chocolate block one, minute to win it ping pong ball bounce, and chuck the parcel!!  She had a lot of fun and was so good, even letting her younger brother and sister join in the fun.  I didn't realise, however, just how much mess a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds could make!!!  There was a BIG clean the next day!!
I bought a silver charm bracelet with some special charms on it for her.  I also got my sister, Stacey, to make one for her in the shape of a little moustache - she has a slight moustache obsession at the moment.  She LOVED it!!  I was so happy!

For my boys' 11th birthday party, we held a big scavenger/amazing race party at an awesome park about 15 minutes away from our house.  I got there early to plant clues around the place and the race lasted about an hour and the kids had an absolute BALL!!  My hubby, daughter Bellsye and my sis each took a group around the park hunting for the clues and doing the activities.  It took a LOT of organising, but was SO worth it!  If I had to organise another one, I could do it in less than half the time!  I will have to post about what we did, just in case anyone else out there would like to try one for a party.
My sister took some gorgeous photos for me - thank you SO much Stace!!  They are fantastic!

Opening his presents.  Obie's Nerf gun collection doubled in size!!


 Weirdo Glasses from the cool Auntie in London!

 Sticky Date for his birthday cake - his favourite.

Finn on the massive flying fox!!  Best playground EVER!!



1 comment:

  1. Wow what a great couple of birthdays to remember and you got some great shots too:)

    ReplyDelete